Thursday, July 10, 2008

Le Tour de Fleece pt 1

but first I'm going to whine some more about the weather. Fortunately, today's smoke cover is so heavy that the temps weren't able to get above 100F. My lungs are sooo very hurty. But since I'm an eternal optimist, I can say that it's been a recipe for cleaner living otherwise. Except for exercise; no way I'm dragging this nastiness into the depths of my lungs. Hooray for breathing!

Ok, Tour de Fleece.

I didn't find out about it until very close to the July 5 start, and therefore was already working on goals. These goals are enough for me, so I'll just use the Tour to keep me "honest"

1. Spin every day.
Fail. I took a break yesterday - between the heat I keep whining about and the pollution, I was a very cranky Betsy by evening and took a bath instead. Ken is happy that I'm less cranky today, so I suspect this was actually a win.

2. Spin enough volume with enough consistancy to make a garment.
This is going well. I started at the beginning of last month with koolaid dyed Brown Sheep mill ends (my own dyeing), spun up 6 oz of it in consistant-enough dk-ish, and am continuing to work on the aforementioned shrug. I'm a bit more than 1/2 way through the first sleeve. Doesn't look like I have enough to make the whole thing, but I had some forsight and dyed up another 7 oz when I got back from Oregon. 1/2 is resting on the bobbin - I finished it Tuesday night.

3. Get to know my new Joy.
I'm trying to get a more consistantly thinner single with some nice BFL I picked up at BSG. I'd like to come out to fingering - sport when plyed.

4. Get my loom shipped from Oregon.
Ok, not spinning. But still an important fiber-y goal.

5. get an iPhone tomorrow so that I have no excuse in the photo posting department. Well, and so that I have an iPhone.

6. Get Megan over for spinning :) I have an extra wheel so we can both use one! At the same time!

No comments: