Friday, July 25, 2008

Jury Duty drained my will to live

Holy crap, but yesterday's jury service was mind-numbingly boring. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the cheesy orientation video - the right to be tried by a jury is one of the cornerstones of democracy. It has a long and illustrious history, and the least a participating member of this country can do is vote and participate in jury duty when called upon to do so.

Mind. Numbingly. Boring.

I sat in the jury "lounge" all day. Random breaks. Long lunch. Assinine movies at too low a volume to really follow. At least it weren't soaps, I suppose. I finished my book at lunch. Finished my knitting shortly after that. Sigh. Took a doze. Finally got released at 4.

Got home and took a nap on the couch. It's amazing how draining doing absolutely nothing all day can be! 18 months until I'm back in the pool!

No comments: