Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Hands are Cold

Well, it's gotten to be that chilly time of year when the temperature has been low enough, long enough that the warehouse never warms up. Then it sends its tentacles of coldness down the hall into the air-well that is my cubicle. Combine that with also being the air-well of the employee entrance, and you have a Cold Betsy. Yesterday I wore a hat (a new one out of pink malabrigo :) fingerless gloves and scarf to try to ward off the chill. Today I broke down and turned on the space-heater. Stupid cold.


I love my new Knucks, tho. I can comfortably wear these while typing! They are made from Louisa Harding Grace Silk Wool, which is exquisitly soft. Pilly as all hell, but the softness mitigates much frustration over that. I cast on Thanksgiving morning, knit throughout the day while visiting with family, then finished 'em up the following morning. Easy peasy. Now I have a couple more in the queue for gifts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there- I'm surfin' through and saw your knucks picture! WOW! If you make a few pair of those and sell them on eBay, I'll buy them! :- D I'm on the computer nearly all day long and that is one thing I cannot get warm some days, my hands! Those would be great! They look cute too! You did a nice job on them!

SWSG said...

Thanks, Ang! I totally love them :)