Monday, November 12, 2007

On Ken's socks and Headshops



Well, good news! Looks like the 2 50g balls of Dusky Rose were not precicely equal. After I picked up yet another yarn to try blending (decided the alpaca wasn't going to be the best choice), I took a good hard look and realized that sock #2 was already longer than its brother, and I still had quite a bit of yarn left to go through. I decided that what I really needed to complete the socks was not more yarn, but a nice digital scale :)

I'd heard the best scales were the ones used for more, um, nefarious purposes, so Ken and I took a trip down to our favorite local headshop - Twisted. Should have seen the look on the saleslady's face when I broke out the socks to test-weight! Ken asked her if she got other yarnistas in looking at scales; she deadpanned "Sure, every other day!". LOL.

So I came home with a 120g digital scale. For yarn. Really!

No comments: