Monday, November 12, 2007

Cobblestone pullover

Sadly, I have no pictures to share yet, but Ken's new sweater is quickly reaching completion. It's the cobblestone pullover from the fall issue of Interweave Knits. Many folks around these here Tubes have been knitting this sweater; it's a classy and simple men's sweater that is masculine in design and not froofy in any way. Ken said, "Hey, I like that one. I'd wear it if you made it for me", so like many partners of picky sweater-wearing men who despaired of ever finding a design our loved-ones would actually put on, I immediately ordered yarn for Cobblestone.

My version was cast-on during a late September rainy weekend spent drinking and knitting in Tahoe with Claire. We're taking off for Portland this coming Friday, so I have loads of motivation to actually get it finished. Of course I have a stack of Christmas presents in the finishing stage I'd like to wrap and deliver personally to the Oregon family, so the next few evenings are going to be busy!

No comments: